How to Become a Dental Assistant in Wyoming
How to Become a Dental Assistant in Wyoming
Today we are going to walk you through the process of how to become a dental assistant in Wyoming. The process will vary depending on what job title you would like. There is the dental assistant, dental assistant qualified in pit and fissure sealant application, and of course the nationally recognized certified dental assistant. There are also a few radiography requirements to meet if you wish to operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures. Here is how to become a dental assistant in Wyoming, with some dental assistant salary figures too.
Dental Assistant Salary in Wyoming
There are no education or formal training requirements to become a dental assistant. You can choose to receive on the job training or training from an accredited dental assistant program. An accredited dental assistant program will allow you to qualify for expanded functions, which we explain below. As a dental assistant in Wyoming you will be able to perform any supportive dental procedure listed in the state’s dental practice regulations. You can view all allowed duties here. You can also find more information at the Wyoming Board of Dental Examiners.
Dental Assistant Qualified in Pit and Fissure Sealant Application
In order to qualify for pit and fissure sealant application, you must:
1. Complete an 8 hour course in pit and fissure sealant application that includes both a clinical and didactic section. The course must either be a Board approved or CODA accredited dental assisting program, AND
2. Apply to the Wyoming Board of Dental Examiners for a certificate in pit and fissure sealants
How to Become a Certified Dental Assistant in Wyoming
1. Complete a CODA accredited dental assisting program OR have at least 2 years/3,500 hours of experience as a dental assistant, AND
2. Obtain CPR certification from a DANB accepted provider, AND
3. Apply for and pass the DANB CDA exam
In order to legally operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures in the state of Wyoming, you must:
1a. Complete a CODA accredited or Board approved course in radiography, OR
1b. Complete a CODA accredited or Board approved course in radiography in another state or jurisdiction, OR
1c. Complete a Wyoming Board approved course or the DANB Radiation Health and Safety (RHS) exam, AND
2. Send proof of requirements to the Wyoming Board of Dental Examiners for a permit
Dental Assisting Schools in Wyoming
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Medical Assisting
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C., the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities. Established in 1997, the Milken Institute SPH brings together the fields of medicine, business and education to develop professionals with the skills and knowledge to tackle complex global health challenges.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Master of Public Health
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing