How to Become a Dental Assistant in Wyoming
How to Become a Dental Assistant in Wyoming
Today we are going to walk you through the process of how to become a dental assistant in Wyoming. The process will vary depending on what job title you would like. There is the dental assistant, dental assistant qualified in pit and fissure sealant application, and of course the nationally recognized certified dental assistant. There are also a few radiography requirements to meet if you wish to operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures. Here is how to become a dental assistant in Wyoming, with some dental assistant salary figures too.
Dental Assistant Salary in Wyoming
There are no education or formal training requirements to become a dental assistant. You can choose to receive on the job training or training from an accredited dental assistant program. An accredited dental assistant program will allow you to qualify for expanded functions, which we explain below. As a dental assistant in Wyoming you will be able to perform any supportive dental procedure listed in the state’s dental practice regulations. You can view all allowed duties here. You can also find more information at the Wyoming Board of Dental Examiners.
Dental Assistant Qualified in Pit and Fissure Sealant Application
In order to qualify for pit and fissure sealant application, you must:
1. Complete an 8 hour course in pit and fissure sealant application that includes both a clinical and didactic section. The course must either be a Board approved or CODA accredited dental assisting program, AND
2. Apply to the Wyoming Board of Dental Examiners for a certificate in pit and fissure sealants
How to Become a Certified Dental Assistant in Wyoming
1. Complete a CODA accredited dental assisting program OR have at least 2 years/3,500 hours of experience as a dental assistant, AND
2. Obtain CPR certification from a DANB accepted provider, AND
3. Apply for and pass the DANB CDA exam
In order to legally operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures in the state of Wyoming, you must:
1a. Complete a CODA accredited or Board approved course in radiography, OR
1b. Complete a CODA accredited or Board approved course in radiography in another state or jurisdiction, OR
1c. Complete a Wyoming Board approved course or the DANB Radiation Health and Safety (RHS) exam, AND
2. Send proof of requirements to the Wyoming Board of Dental Examiners for a permit
Dental Assisting Schools in Wyoming
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- MSE Exercise Science
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
- Master of Public Health Online
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Public Health Global Health
- Master of Public Health: Nutrition
- Master of Public Health: Health Promotion
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator