How to Become a Dental Assistant in Wisconsin
How to Become a Dental Assistant in Wisconsin
So let’s talk about how to become a dental assistant in Wisconsin today. There are two positions you can pursue, which are the dental assistant and the nationally recognized certified dental assistant. There are also no radiography requirements to meet in order to operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures. So all in all the process is quite simple. Here is how to become a dental assistant in Wisconsin, with some dental assistant salary data as well.
Dental Assistant Salary in Wisconsin
To become a dental assistant in Wisconsin, you do not need any education or formal training. That’s pretty awesome right? The employing dentist will give you on the job training and verify your competence, and as a dental assistant you will be able to perform any basic supportive dental procedures specified in Wisconsin’s dental practice act. You can find all allowed duties here. You can also visit the Wisconsin Dentistry Examining Board for more information.
How to Become a Certified Dental Assistant in Wisconsin
You also have the option to become a certified dental assistant, which will give the opportunity to earn more as well as receive additional benefits. There is a lot to gain from certification, and it’s highly recommended as the process is quite simple. To become certified, you must:
1. Complete a CODA accredited dental assisting program OR have at least 3,500 hours/two years of experience as a dental assistant, AND
2. Obtain CPR certification from a DANB accepted provider, AND
3. Apply for and complete the national DANB CDA exam
There are no radiography requirements to meet in the state of Wisconsin. All dental assistants may legally operate dental x-ray equipment and perform dental radiography procedures. This effectively shortens the amount of time it takes to become a dental assistant, as most other states have radiography requirements.
Dental Assisting Schools in Wisconsin
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Dental Hygiene (AS)
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- MSE Exercise Science
- Veterinary Assisting
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
- Master of Public Health Online
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition
- MS in Exercise Science: Community Physical Activity
- Master of Science: Healthcare Administration
- And more...
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator