How to Become a Dental Assistant in Vermont
How to Become a Dental Assistant in Vermont
So you’re probably wondering how to become a dental assistant in Vermont, but there are several job titles you can pursue. There is the traditional dental assistant, state certified dental assistant, expanded function dental assistant, and the nationally recognized certified dental assistant. Also, if you want to operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures, you will have to meet a few requirements. So with that said, here is how to become a dental assistant in Vermont as well as dental assistant salary figures.
Dental Assistant Salary in Vermont
The first level of dental assisting is the traditional dental assistant, which allows you to perform basic dental supportive procedures listed under Vermont’s dental laws, which you can find here. In order to become a dental assistant you will have to complete emergency office procedures training within 6 months of the date of hire. Once hired you have 30 days to notify the Vermont Board of Dental Examiners.
State Certified Dental Assistant
In order to become state certified in the state of Vermont you will have to become DANB CDA certified first, which we explain how to do so below. The qualifications needed for state certification includes:
1. Hold current DANB CDA certification, AND
2. Be employed by a Vermont licensed dentist, AND
3. Apply to the Vermont Board of Dental Examiners for state certification
Expanded Function Dental Assistant (EFDA)
In order to perform expanded functions in the state of Vermont, you must earn the status of Expanded Function Dental Assistant (EFDA) first. You will have to get the necessary training for each specified function, and the requirements are as follows:
1a. Maintain DANB CDA certification and be employed by a Vermont licensed dentist, OR
1b. Be a licensed dental hygienist, AND
2. Complete a training course in each desired expanded function from a CODA accredited dental assisting program, AND
3. Apply to the Vermont Board of Dental Examiners for registration
How to Become a Certified Dental Assistant in Vermont
A certified dental assistant (CDA) is a nationally recognized position that not only gives you the opportunity to gain expanded functions and become state certified, but also allows you to earn a higher salary as well as receive additional benefits. The process is not that difficult, and in order to become certified you must:
1. Complete a CODA accredited dental assisting program OR have at least 2 years/3,500 hours of dental assisting experience, AND
2. Obtain CPR certification from a DANB accepted provider, AND
3. Apply for and pass the DANB CDA exam, which will grant you the status of CDA upon passing the exam
In order to operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures, you must either be an Expanded Function Dental Assistant or a DANB CDA (see above). If you are a traditional dental assistant, you have the opportunity to perform dental radiography procedures by earning a special endorsement, which involves:
1a. Be at least 18 years old AND complete a CODA accredited radiography course within 10 years of application AND have at least 6 months of dental assisting experience, OR
1b. Hold a radiography endorsement equivalent to Vermont’s requirements, AND
2. Apply to the Vermont Board of Dental Examiners for endorsement
Dental Assisting Schools in Vermont
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- Medical Office Assistant-CERT
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Public Health - 100% online
- Learn about controlling infectious disease, improving healthcare access, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Master of Public Health
- BS in Public Health
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Healthcare Management
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Healthcare Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
Maryville University is a private university in St. Louis County, Missouri. Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of more than 6,800 students.
- Online MHA Concentration in Population Management
- Online MHA Concentration in Senior Services
- Online General MHA
- And more...
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator