How to Become a Dental Assistant in Vermont
How to Become a Dental Assistant in Vermont
So you’re probably wondering how to become a dental assistant in Vermont, but there are several job titles you can pursue. There is the traditional dental assistant, state certified dental assistant, expanded function dental assistant, and the nationally recognized certified dental assistant. Also, if you want to operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures, you will have to meet a few requirements. So with that said, here is how to become a dental assistant in Vermont as well as dental assistant salary figures.
Dental Assistant Salary in Vermont
The first level of dental assisting is the traditional dental assistant, which allows you to perform basic dental supportive procedures listed under Vermont’s dental laws, which you can find here. In order to become a dental assistant you will have to complete emergency office procedures training within 6 months of the date of hire. Once hired you have 30 days to notify the Vermont Board of Dental Examiners.
State Certified Dental Assistant
In order to become state certified in the state of Vermont you will have to become DANB CDA certified first, which we explain how to do so below. The qualifications needed for state certification includes:
1. Hold current DANB CDA certification, AND
2. Be employed by a Vermont licensed dentist, AND
3. Apply to the Vermont Board of Dental Examiners for state certification
Expanded Function Dental Assistant (EFDA)
In order to perform expanded functions in the state of Vermont, you must earn the status of Expanded Function Dental Assistant (EFDA) first. You will have to get the necessary training for each specified function, and the requirements are as follows:
1a. Maintain DANB CDA certification and be employed by a Vermont licensed dentist, OR
1b. Be a licensed dental hygienist, AND
2. Complete a training course in each desired expanded function from a CODA accredited dental assisting program, AND
3. Apply to the Vermont Board of Dental Examiners for registration
How to Become a Certified Dental Assistant in Vermont
A certified dental assistant (CDA) is a nationally recognized position that not only gives you the opportunity to gain expanded functions and become state certified, but also allows you to earn a higher salary as well as receive additional benefits. The process is not that difficult, and in order to become certified you must:
1. Complete a CODA accredited dental assisting program OR have at least 2 years/3,500 hours of dental assisting experience, AND
2. Obtain CPR certification from a DANB accepted provider, AND
3. Apply for and pass the DANB CDA exam, which will grant you the status of CDA upon passing the exam
In order to operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures, you must either be an Expanded Function Dental Assistant or a DANB CDA (see above). If you are a traditional dental assistant, you have the opportunity to perform dental radiography procedures by earning a special endorsement, which involves:
1a. Be at least 18 years old AND complete a CODA accredited radiography course within 10 years of application AND have at least 6 months of dental assisting experience, OR
1b. Hold a radiography endorsement equivalent to Vermont’s requirements, AND
2. Apply to the Vermont Board of Dental Examiners for endorsement
Dental Assisting Schools in Vermont
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Medical Office Assistant-CERT
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C., the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities. Established in 1997, the Milken Institute SPH brings together the fields of medicine, business and education to develop professionals with the skills and knowledge to tackle complex global health challenges.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Master of Public Health
Wilkes University’s School of Nursing offers CCNE-accredited online degrees and certificate programs ideal for working health care professionals, instructed by experienced, respected faculty dedicated to mentoring and personalized support for every student. Our nursing degrees offer the cutting-edge professional knowledge and skills needed in today’s dynamic, evolving health care industry.
- RN to MS - Nursing Informatics
- M.S. with Major in Nursing - Nursing Informatics
- DNP - Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...