How to Become a Dental Assistant in Rhode Island
How to Become a Dental Assistant in Rhode Island
So, we are going to walk you through the process of how to become a dental assistant in Rhode Island today. There are two positions you can choose, which is the dental assistant and the nationally recognized certified dental assistant. There is also some radiography requirements you will have to meet if you want to operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures. With that being said, here is how to become a dental assistant in Rhode Island, along with some dental assistant salary stats.
Dental Assistant Salary in Rhode Island
There are no education or formal training requirements to meet in Rhode Island. Most dental assistants receive training on the job, and as a dental assistant you will be able to perform any basic supportive dental procedures that are listed under Rhode Island’s dental practice laws. You can view all available duties here. You can also find more information at the Rhode Island Board of Examiners in Dentistry.
How to Become a Certified Dental Assistant in Rhode Island
There is also the option to become a certified dental assistant (CDA), which allows you to earn a higher salary as well as receive additional benefits. Becoming certified is highly recommended as there are plenty of benefits and the process is quite straightforward. As a CDA in the state of Rhode Island, you will be able to perform expanded functions as long as you receive the necessary training for each specified function. In order to become certified, you must:
1. Complete a CODA accredited dental assisting program OR have at least 2 years/3,500 hours of dental assisting experience, AND
2. Obtain CPR certification from a DANB accepted provider, AND
3. Apply for and pass the national DANB CDA exam
In order to legally operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures, you must:
1. Complete a course in dental radiography (DANB RHS) from a CODA-accredited program
Dental Assisting Schools in Rhode Island
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Medical Assisting
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
New England Institute of Technology is a private, non-profit, co-educational technical university offering over 50 Associate in Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree programs. As a leader in technical career education in southern New England, New England Institute of Technology (also known as New England Tech or NEIT) is committed to providing hands-on technological programs that prepare graduates for positions of leadership in the technical, industrial, business, and allied health communities. Most of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor’s degree programs in as little as three years. Last year, over 3,000 students chose New England Tech for the hands-on laboratory and classroom training that provides the necessary skills to begin their technical careers.
- AS - Paramedic Technology
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C., the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities. Established in 1997, the Milken Institute SPH brings together the fields of medicine, business and education to develop professionals with the skills and knowledge to tackle complex global health challenges.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Master of Public Health
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)