How to Become a Dental Assistant in North Dakota
How to Become a Dental Assistant in North Dakota
So you want to know how to become a dental assistant in North Dakota, but there a few positions to choose. There is the dental assistant, the qualified dental assistant, the registered dental assistant, the registered dental assistant qualified in expanded functions, and of course the nationally recognized certified dental assistant. There are also radiography requirements if you wish to operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures. With that being said, here is how to become a dental assistant in North Dakota with dental assistant salary data too.
Dental Assistant Salary in North Dakota
This is the first level of dental assisting, and there are no educational or formal training requirements. However, you do have to obtain a certificate in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). As a dental assistant you will be able to perform all the basic supportive dental procedures that are listed under North Dakota’s dental regulations, which you can view here.
The next level of dental assisting is the qualified dental assistant, which allows you to operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures. In order to earn this status, you must:
1b. Pass the DANB Radiation Health and Safety (RHS) and Infection Control (ICE) exams within 2 years of application, with 16 hours of continuing education, AND
2. Have at least 650 hours of dental assistant experience including on the job training, AND
3. Pass a written examination of North Dakota’s dental laws and regulations within one year of application, AND
4. Have current CPR certification, AND
5. Send proof of completion of an infection control course within two years prior to application
6. Apply to the North Dakota State Board of Dental Examiners for a license
A registered dental assistant basically means state registered, and allows you to perform additional functions, which you can view here. You can also become qualified to apply pit and fissure sealants later on. In order to earn the status of RDA, you must:
1. Pass the DANB CDA exam OR complete a CODA accredited or Board approved dental assisting program 1 year prior to application (if 2 years prior to application, requires 16 hours of continuing education), AND
2. Pass a written examination of North Dakota’s dental laws and regulations within one year of application, AND
3. Have current CPR certification, AND
4. Send proof of completion of an infection control course within two years prior to application
5. Apply to the North Dakota State Board of Dental Examiners for a license
Registered Dental Assistant Qualified in Expanded Functions
If you are a registered dental assistant, you are eligible to become qualified in expanded functions. This includes applying pit and fissure sealants.
In order to apply pit and fissure sealants, you must:
1. Be a registered dental assistant (RDA), AND
2. Complete and send proof of a Board approved course in sealant application
How to Become a Certified Dental Assistant in North Dakota
You also have the option to become a certified dental assistant, which allows you to earn a higher salary as well as receive additional benefits. It is highly recommended to become certified if you are thinking about becoming a dental assistant, as it grants plenty of benefits and the process is not difficult. In order to become certified, you must:
1. Complete a CODA accredited dental assisting program OR have at least 2 years/3,500 hours of dental assisting experience, AND
2. Obtain CPR certification, AND
3. Apply for and pass the DANB CDA exam
In order to operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures, you must either be a qualified dental assistant or registered dental assistant. Both positions will require you to pass the DANB Radiation Health and Safety (RHS) and Infection Control (ICE) exam.
Dental Assisting Schools in North Dakota
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Medical Assisting
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C., the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities. Established in 1997, the Milken Institute SPH brings together the fields of medicine, business and education to develop professionals with the skills and knowledge to tackle complex global health challenges.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Master of Public Health