How to Become a Dental Assistant in North Dakota
How to Become a Dental Assistant in North Dakota
So you want to know how to become a dental assistant in North Dakota, but there a few positions to choose. There is the dental assistant, the qualified dental assistant, the registered dental assistant, the registered dental assistant qualified in expanded functions, and of course the nationally recognized certified dental assistant. There are also radiography requirements if you wish to operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures. With that being said, here is how to become a dental assistant in North Dakota with dental assistant salary data too.
Dental Assistant Salary in North Dakota
This is the first level of dental assisting, and there are no educational or formal training requirements. However, you do have to obtain a certificate in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). As a dental assistant you will be able to perform all the basic supportive dental procedures that are listed under North Dakota’s dental regulations, which you can view here.
The next level of dental assisting is the qualified dental assistant, which allows you to operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures. In order to earn this status, you must:
1b. Pass the DANB Radiation Health and Safety (RHS) and Infection Control (ICE) exams within 2 years of application, with 16 hours of continuing education, AND
2. Have at least 650 hours of dental assistant experience including on the job training, AND
3. Pass a written examination of North Dakota’s dental laws and regulations within one year of application, AND
4. Have current CPR certification, AND
5. Send proof of completion of an infection control course within two years prior to application
6. Apply to the North Dakota State Board of Dental Examiners for a license
A registered dental assistant basically means state registered, and allows you to perform additional functions, which you can view here. You can also become qualified to apply pit and fissure sealants later on. In order to earn the status of RDA, you must:
1. Pass the DANB CDA exam OR complete a CODA accredited or Board approved dental assisting program 1 year prior to application (if 2 years prior to application, requires 16 hours of continuing education), AND
2. Pass a written examination of North Dakota’s dental laws and regulations within one year of application, AND
3. Have current CPR certification, AND
4. Send proof of completion of an infection control course within two years prior to application
5. Apply to the North Dakota State Board of Dental Examiners for a license
Registered Dental Assistant Qualified in Expanded Functions
If you are a registered dental assistant, you are eligible to become qualified in expanded functions. This includes applying pit and fissure sealants.
In order to apply pit and fissure sealants, you must:
1. Be a registered dental assistant (RDA), AND
2. Complete and send proof of a Board approved course in sealant application
How to Become a Certified Dental Assistant in North Dakota
You also have the option to become a certified dental assistant, which allows you to earn a higher salary as well as receive additional benefits. It is highly recommended to become certified if you are thinking about becoming a dental assistant, as it grants plenty of benefits and the process is not difficult. In order to become certified, you must:
1. Complete a CODA accredited dental assisting program OR have at least 2 years/3,500 hours of dental assisting experience, AND
2. Obtain CPR certification, AND
3. Apply for and pass the DANB CDA exam
In order to operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures, you must either be a qualified dental assistant or registered dental assistant. Both positions will require you to pass the DANB Radiation Health and Safety (RHS) and Infection Control (ICE) exam.
Dental Assisting Schools in North Dakota
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Master of Public Health
- BS in Public Health
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
- Master of Public Health Online
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition
- MS in Exercise Science: Community Physical Activity
- Master of Science: Healthcare Administration
- And more...
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- MSE Exercise Science
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner