How to Become a Dental Assistant in Nevada
How to Become a Dental Assistant in Nevada
You might be wondering how to become a dental assistant in Nevada, and fortunately for you the process is super simple. We mean super simple! In fact you could probably say it’s too simple. And whereas most states require dental assistants to meet requirements to operate dental X-ray equipment, Nevada does not. We don’t want to spoil any more so here is how to become a dental assistant in Nevada, along with some figures on dental assistant salary.
Dental Assistant Salary in Nevada
Surprise surprise! There aren’t any educational or training requirements to become a dental assistant in Nevada. You will usually receive training on the job however getting formal dental assistant training can boost your qualifications and might even help you to earn more. Dental assistants in Nevada are able to perform basic supportive dental procedures that are specified in the state’s dental laws, as long as they are done under the supervision of a licensed dentist or dental assistant. Tasks will usually include a mixture of clinical and administrative tasks although it depends from office to office. You can find more info at the Nevada State Board of Dental Examiners.
How to Become a Certified Dental Assistant in Nevada
If you want to become a certified dental assistant in Nevada there are a few simple steps you have to take. Although we mentioned that you don’t need any educational or formal training to become a dental assistant, you will need to take a CODA approved dental assistant program in order to become certified, or have at least two years or 3500 hours of on the job training. The process is very simple. After completing a CODA accredited program or having 2 yrs/3500 hrs. of on the job training, you will then need to become certified for CPR, and afterwards you will be able to apply for the DANB CDA exam. Upon completion you will become an honorary certified dental assistant.
Nevada does not require dental assistants to have a license in health, safety, and administration to be able to operate dental X-ray equipment. Instead, the licensed dentist of the office must sign an affidavit that says all staff members have been trained in radiation health and safety, and can administer X-rays properly. The affidavit and radiography training are submitted with the dentist’s renewal.
Dental Assisting Schools in Nevada
- Dental Assistant
- Administrative Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Master of Public Health
- BS in Public Health
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
- Master of Public Health Online
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Public Health Global Health
- Master of Public Health: Nutrition
- Master of Public Health: Health Promotion
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner