How to Become a Dental Assistant in Nebraska
How to Become a Dental Assistant in Nebraska
So you want to know how to become a dental assistant in Nebraska right? There are few positions you can choose from, which includes the dental assistant, dental assistant qualified in coronal polishing, and the nationally recognized certified dental assistant. There are also radiography requirements to meet in order to operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures. With that said, here’s how to become a dental assistant in Nebraska as well as figures on dental assistant salary.
Dental Assistant Salary in Nebraska
There are no education or formal training requirements to meet in order to become a dental assistant. You do have to be at least 18 years old though, and as a dental assistant you will be able to perform any basic supportive dental procedure as listed under Nebraska’s dental practice regulations. You can view all allowable functions here. You can also visit the Nebraska Board of Dentistry for more information.
**Dental assistants who assist in administration of general anesthesia, parenteral sedation, or inhalation analgesia must obtain certification in basic life support skills (BLS) or the equivalent**
Dental Assistant Qualified in Coronal Polishing
In order to perform coronal polishing procedures, you must:
1a. Complete a CODA accredited dental assisting program that includes a coronal polishing course, OR
1b. Have at least 1 year/1,500 hours of clinical dental assisting experience AND complete a Board approved course in coronal polishing
How to Become a Certified Dental Assistant in Nebraska
There is also the option to become a certified dental assistant (CDA) in Nebraska, which allows you to earn a higher salary as well as receive additional benefits. In order to become nationally certified, you must:
1. Complete a CODA accredited dental assisting program OR have at least 2 years/3,500 hours of dental assisting experience, AND
2. Obtain CPR certification from a DANB accepted provider, AND
3. Apply for and pass the national DANB CDA exam
To operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures, you must:
1a. Complete a two day Board approved course in dental radiography, OR
1b. Complete the DANB CDA exam, OR
1c. Complete a CODA accredited program with a course in dental radiography
Dental Assisting Schools in Nebraska
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
- Online Master of Health Administration
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Master of Public Health
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
- MBA in Healthcare
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
- Master of Public Health Online
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics