How to Become a Dental Assistant in Nebraska
How to Become a Dental Assistant in Nebraska
So you want to know how to become a dental assistant in Nebraska right? There are few positions you can choose from, which includes the dental assistant, dental assistant qualified in coronal polishing, and the nationally recognized certified dental assistant. There are also radiography requirements to meet in order to operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures. With that said, here’s how to become a dental assistant in Nebraska as well as figures on dental assistant salary.
Dental Assistant Salary in Nebraska
There are no education or formal training requirements to meet in order to become a dental assistant. You do have to be at least 18 years old though, and as a dental assistant you will be able to perform any basic supportive dental procedure as listed under Nebraska’s dental practice regulations. You can view all allowable functions here. You can also visit the Nebraska Board of Dentistry for more information.
**Dental assistants who assist in administration of general anesthesia, parenteral sedation, or inhalation analgesia must obtain certification in basic life support skills (BLS) or the equivalent**
Dental Assistant Qualified in Coronal Polishing
In order to perform coronal polishing procedures, you must:
1a. Complete a CODA accredited dental assisting program that includes a coronal polishing course, OR
1b. Have at least 1 year/1,500 hours of clinical dental assisting experience AND complete a Board approved course in coronal polishing
How to Become a Certified Dental Assistant in Nebraska
There is also the option to become a certified dental assistant (CDA) in Nebraska, which allows you to earn a higher salary as well as receive additional benefits. In order to become nationally certified, you must:
1. Complete a CODA accredited dental assisting program OR have at least 2 years/3,500 hours of dental assisting experience, AND
2. Obtain CPR certification from a DANB accepted provider, AND
3. Apply for and pass the national DANB CDA exam
To operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures, you must:
1a. Complete a two day Board approved course in dental radiography, OR
1b. Complete the DANB CDA exam, OR
1c. Complete a CODA accredited program with a course in dental radiography
Dental Assisting Schools in Nebraska
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Diploma: Dental Assistant
- Medical Assisting Diploma
Get personalized attention with UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our campus in Clearwater, Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C., the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities. Established in 1997, the Milken Institute SPH brings together the fields of medicine, business and education to develop professionals with the skills and knowledge to tackle complex global health challenges.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Master of Public Health
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator