How to Become a Dental Assistant in Minnesota
How to Become a Dental Assistant in Minnesota
Today we are going to talk about how to become a dental assistant in Minnesota. There are a few positions you can pursue, which include the dental assistant, the licensed dental assistant, and of course the nationally recognized certified dental assistant. There is also one radiography requirement you will have to meet, which we explain below. Here is how to become a dental assistant in Minnesota, as well as dental assistant salary statistics.
Dental Assistant Salary in Minnesota
The first position we are going to talk about is the dental assistant. As a dental assistant in Minnesota you will be able to perform any basic supportive dental procedures that are listed under the state’s dental regulations. You can view all allowed tasks here. There are no education or formal training requirements to meet as you will often receive on the job training. You can find more information at the Minnesota Board of Dentistry. The employing dentist must make sure you meet the following:
1. Obtain and maintain CPR certification, AND
2. Meet infection control guidelines
Licensed Dental Assistant
A licensed dental assistant (LDA) is the next level of dental assisting, and will allow you to perform additional duties. You can view all allowed tasks here. All licensed dental assistant must obtain and maintain health care provider CPR certification. In order to become a licensed dental assistant, you must:
1. Pass the DANB certified dental assistant (CDA) exam, AND
2a. Complete a CODA accredited dental assisting program, OR
2b. Complete a CODA accredited program in another state, OR
2c. Complete a Board approved dental assisting program OR complete on the job training as well as a Board approved course in expanded functions, AND
3. Pass the Minnesota Licensure exam, AND
4. Pass the Minnesota Jurisprudence exam, AND
5. Apply to the Minnesota Board of Dentistry for licensure
How to Become a Certified Dental Assistant in Minnesota
There is also the option to become a certified dental assistant (CDA), which gives you the opportunity to earn a higher salary as well as receive additional benefits. Becoming certified is highly recommended as there are plenty of benefits for such a simple process. In order to become certified in Minnesota, you must:
1. Complete a CODA accredited dental assisting program OR have at least 2 years/3,500 hours of dental assisting experience, AND
2. Obtain CPR certification from a DANB accepted provider, AND
3. Apply for and pass the national DANB CDA exam
The only requirement you have to meet to operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures is to be a Licensed Dental Assistant (see above)
Dental Assisting Schools in Minnesota
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Dental Hygiene (AS)
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- Join GCU's Colangelo College of Business and start down the path to a successful business career.
- Bachelor's and master's degrees that help prepare students to be business leaders.
- Leading-edge degrees that address the demands of contemporary business environments.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- Committed to providing students a values-based education centered on Christian principles
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Master of Public Health
- BS in Public Health
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
- Master of Public Health Online
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition
- MS in Exercise Science: Community Physical Activity
- Master of Science: Healthcare Administration
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling