How to Become a Dental Assistant in Kansas
How to Become a Dental Assistant in Kansas
Want to know how to become a dental assistant in Kansas, or what the dental assistant salary in Kansas is? Well you’ve come to the right place! There are three positions you can choose from, which includes the dental assistant, dental assistant with expanded duties training, and of course the nationally recognized certified dental assistant. There are also no radiography requirements in order to operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography requirements. Here is how to become a dental assistant in Kansas.
Dental Assistant Salary in Kansas
There are no education or training requirements to complete to become a dental assistant in Kansas. As a dental assistant, you are able to perform basic supportive dental procedures that are listed under the state’s dental practice act, and as long as they are performed under the direct supervision of a licensed dentist. You can learn all the duties allowed here. You can also visit the Kansas Dental Board for more information.
Dental Assistant with Expanded Duties Training
There are a few expanded functions that you can perform, but you must receive the necessary training. Expanded functions include coronal polishing, coronal scaling, and the administration and monitoring of nitrous oxide. In order to perform expanded functions in Kansas, you must meet the following requirements:
For coronal polishing, you must:
- Receive training in coronal polishing from a licensed dentist
For coronal scaling, you must:
- Complete a Board approved course in coronal scaling
For administration and monitoring of nitrous oxide, you must:
1. Obtain CPR certification
2. Complete a Board approved course in nitrous oxide that include 16 hours of instruction at a CODA accredited dental assisting program (includes instruction in theory of pain control, anatomy, medical history, pharmacology, and emergencies and complications)
How to Become a Certified Dental Assistant in Kansas
There is also the option to become a certified dental assistant (CDA) in Kansas. Becoming a CDA will allow you to earn a higher salary as well as receive additional benefits. The process is quite simple, and in order to become certified you must:
1. Complete a CODA accredited dental assisting program OR have at least 2 years/3,500 hours of dental assisting experience, AND
2. Obtain CPR certification from a DANB accepted provider, AND
3. Apply for and pass the national DANB CDA exam
There are no radiography requirements in the state of Kansas, and all dental assistants can legally operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures.
Dental Assisting Schools in Kansas
- Medical Assisting Diploma
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Medical Assisting
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Medical Assistant
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Healthcare Management
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Healthcare Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
- And more...