How to Become a Dental Assistant in Idaho
How to Become a Dental Assistant in Idaho
So you want to know how to become a dental assistant in Idaho, right? There are a few job titles you can choose from, which includes the dental assistant, dental assistant qualified in expanded functions, and last but not least is the nationally recognized certified dental assistant. There are also no radiography requirements to meet in order to operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures. So without further ado, here is how to become a dental assistant in Idaho, and some info on dental assistant salary as well.
Dental Assistant Salary in Idaho
There are no education or formal training requirements to become a dental assistant in Idaho, which makes the process really easy. As a dental assistant, you will be able to perform any basic supportive dental procedure as long as it’s stated in Idaho’s dental practice laws and performed under the supervision of licensed dentist. You can learn all available duties here. You can also find out more information at the Idaho State Board of Dentistry.
Dental Assistant Qualified in Expanded Functions
A dental assistant qualified in expanded functions can perform any additional duties as long as they meet expanded functions requirements and receive the necessary training. To become a dental assistant qualified in expanded functions, you must:
1a. Have current DANB CDA certification, OR
1b. Complete a Board approved dental assisting program, AND
2. Complete a Board approved competency exam in each specified expanded function
How to Become a Certified Dental Assistant in Idaho
You can also become a certified dental assistant (CDA), which allows you to earn a higher salary as well as receive extra benefits. Becoming certified is highly recommended as there are plenty of benefits and the process is quite simple. In order to become certified, you must:
1. Complete a CODA accredited dental assisting program OR have at least 2 years/3,500 hours of dental assisting experience, AND
2. Obtain CPR certification from a DANB accepted provider, AND
3. Apply for and pass the national DANB CDA exam
There are no radiography requirements to meet in the state of Idaho, and all dental assistants may legally operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures.
Dental Assisting Schools in Idaho
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Medical Assisting
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
At Broadveiw University, we prepare students for exciting careers in high-value fields. Imagine getting paid for what you love doing. It all starts with career-based training at Broadview University.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management Emphasis
- Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Medical Specialties (AOS)
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- MBA - Healthcare Management