How to Become a Dental Assistant In Georgia
How to Become a Dental Assistant In Georgia
So you’re probably wondering how to become a dental assistant in Georgia but there are a couple of positions you can take. There is the basic dental assistant, the expanded duty dental assistant, and not to mention the nationally recognized certified dental assistant. There are also a few requirements you will have to meet if you wish to operate dental x-ray equipment in the state of Georgia. But for the most part the process is fairly simple. Here is how to become a dental assistant in Georgia, as well as dental assistant salary figures.
Dental Assistant Salary in Georgia
To become a dental assistant in Georgia you do not need any educational or training requirements. Pretty kick-ass right? So all you need to do to start is to apply for jobs that offer on-the-job training. As a dental assistant you will be able to perform basic supportive procedures under the supervision of a licensed dentist, as long as those procedures are stated in the Georgia’s dental regulations. You can find out more information at the Georgia Board of Dentistry or learn about the procedures allowed here. For expanded functions such as phlebotomy or venipuncture you will need to get the proper training first.
Expanded Duty Dental Assistant (EDDA)
The expanded duty dental assistant (EDDA) is allowed to perform extra functions that ordinarily a regular dental assistant can not. However, there are a few requirements to meet first before you can earn the status of EDDA. They are as follows:
1. Complete high school or its equivalent
2. Obtain CPR certification from a Board-approved provider
3. Complete a Board-approved course and obtain a certificate for each specific expanded duty. Only the expanded duties that are listed on the certificate may be performed by an EDDA.
**Becoming a DANB CDA is one way in which you can qualify to take Georgia Board approved courses**
How to Become a Certified Dental Assistant (CDA)
The position of certified dental assistant (CDA) is often regarded as the highest position you can get. Becoming one makes you a nationally recognized dental assistant, and allows you to earn more among other benefits. The process is quite simple and all you need to do is:
1. Complete a CODA accredited dental assistant program or have at least 2 years/3,500 hours of dental assistant experience
2. Obtain CPR certification from a DANB provider
3. Apply for and pass the DANB CDA exam
If you wish to operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiographic procedures you must complete Board-approved training first. What you need to do is:
1. Complete at least 6 hours of instruction that the Georgia Department of Human Services’ X-Ray requires (the DANB RHS review course meets the requirements). Instruction should begin within a 30 day period of initial employment and completed no more than 90 days after employment begins.
2. Show proof of x-ray training that meets the DHS requirements
Dental Assisting Schools in Georgia
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Public Health (MPH)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
Wilkes University’s School of Nursing offers CCNE-accredited online degrees and certificate programs ideal for working health care professionals, instructed by experienced, respected faculty dedicated to mentoring and personalized support for every student. Our nursing degrees offer the cutting-edge professional knowledge and skills needed in today’s dynamic, evolving health care industry.
- RN to MS - Nursing Informatics
- M.S. with Major in Nursing - Nursing Informatics
- DNP - Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C., the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities. Established in 1997, the Milken Institute SPH brings together the fields of medicine, business and education to develop professionals with the skills and knowledge to tackle complex global health challenges.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Master of Public Health
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
- Master of Public Health Online
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management