How to Become a Dental Assistant In Georgia
How to Become a Dental Assistant In Georgia
So you’re probably wondering how to become a dental assistant in Georgia but there are a couple of positions you can take. There is the basic dental assistant, the expanded duty dental assistant, and not to mention the nationally recognized certified dental assistant. There are also a few requirements you will have to meet if you wish to operate dental x-ray equipment in the state of Georgia. But for the most part the process is fairly simple. Here is how to become a dental assistant in Georgia, as well as dental assistant salary figures.
Dental Assistant Salary in Georgia
To become a dental assistant in Georgia you do not need any educational or training requirements. Pretty kick-ass right? So all you need to do to start is to apply for jobs that offer on-the-job training. As a dental assistant you will be able to perform basic supportive procedures under the supervision of a licensed dentist, as long as those procedures are stated in the Georgia’s dental regulations. You can find out more information at the Georgia Board of Dentistry or learn about the procedures allowed here. For expanded functions such as phlebotomy or venipuncture you will need to get the proper training first.
Expanded Duty Dental Assistant (EDDA)
The expanded duty dental assistant (EDDA) is allowed to perform extra functions that ordinarily a regular dental assistant can not. However, there are a few requirements to meet first before you can earn the status of EDDA. They are as follows:
1. Complete high school or its equivalent
2. Obtain CPR certification from a Board-approved provider
3. Complete a Board-approved course and obtain a certificate for each specific expanded duty. Only the expanded duties that are listed on the certificate may be performed by an EDDA.
**Becoming a DANB CDA is one way in which you can qualify to take Georgia Board approved courses**
How to Become a Certified Dental Assistant (CDA)
The position of certified dental assistant (CDA) is often regarded as the highest position you can get. Becoming one makes you a nationally recognized dental assistant, and allows you to earn more among other benefits. The process is quite simple and all you need to do is:
1. Complete a CODA accredited dental assistant program or have at least 2 years/3,500 hours of dental assistant experience
2. Obtain CPR certification from a DANB provider
3. Apply for and pass the DANB CDA exam
If you wish to operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiographic procedures you must complete Board-approved training first. What you need to do is:
1. Complete at least 6 hours of instruction that the Georgia Department of Human Services’ X-Ray requires (the DANB RHS review course meets the requirements). Instruction should begin within a 30 day period of initial employment and completed no more than 90 days after employment begins.
2. Show proof of x-ray training that meets the DHS requirements
Dental Assisting Schools in Georgia
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Office Administration
- Medical Assisting
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Office Specialist Diploma
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
Helms College, a nonprofit post-secondary career college operated by Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia and the CSRA, has been granted continued accreditation by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET), a national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Multi-Skilled Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- MSE Exercise Science
- Veterinary Assisting
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Public Health (MPH)
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management