How to Become a Dental Assistant In Georgia
How to Become a Dental Assistant In Georgia
So you’re probably wondering how to become a dental assistant in Georgia but there are a couple of positions you can take. There is the basic dental assistant, the expanded duty dental assistant, and not to mention the nationally recognized certified dental assistant. There are also a few requirements you will have to meet if you wish to operate dental x-ray equipment in the state of Georgia. But for the most part the process is fairly simple. Here is how to become a dental assistant in Georgia, as well as dental assistant salary figures.
Dental Assistant Salary in Georgia
To become a dental assistant in Georgia you do not need any educational or training requirements. Pretty kick-ass right? So all you need to do to start is to apply for jobs that offer on-the-job training. As a dental assistant you will be able to perform basic supportive procedures under the supervision of a licensed dentist, as long as those procedures are stated in the Georgia’s dental regulations. You can find out more information at the Georgia Board of Dentistry or learn about the procedures allowed here. For expanded functions such as phlebotomy or venipuncture you will need to get the proper training first.
Expanded Duty Dental Assistant (EDDA)
The expanded duty dental assistant (EDDA) is allowed to perform extra functions that ordinarily a regular dental assistant can not. However, there are a few requirements to meet first before you can earn the status of EDDA. They are as follows:
1. Complete high school or its equivalent
2. Obtain CPR certification from a Board-approved provider
3. Complete a Board-approved course and obtain a certificate for each specific expanded duty. Only the expanded duties that are listed on the certificate may be performed by an EDDA.
**Becoming a DANB CDA is one way in which you can qualify to take Georgia Board approved courses**
How to Become a Certified Dental Assistant (CDA)
The position of certified dental assistant (CDA) is often regarded as the highest position you can get. Becoming one makes you a nationally recognized dental assistant, and allows you to earn more among other benefits. The process is quite simple and all you need to do is:
1. Complete a CODA accredited dental assistant program or have at least 2 years/3,500 hours of dental assistant experience
2. Obtain CPR certification from a DANB provider
3. Apply for and pass the DANB CDA exam
If you wish to operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiographic procedures you must complete Board-approved training first. What you need to do is:
1. Complete at least 6 hours of instruction that the Georgia Department of Human Services’ X-Ray requires (the DANB RHS review course meets the requirements). Instruction should begin within a 30 day period of initial employment and completed no more than 90 days after employment begins.
2. Show proof of x-ray training that meets the DHS requirements
Dental Assisting Schools in Georgia
- Dental Assistant(Diploma)
- Medical Assistant (Diploma)
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Clinical Office Assistant - Diploma
- Medical Office Assistant - Diploma
- And more...
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Medical Assisting
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- AS - Medical Office Administration
- AS - Medical Assistant
- Certificate in Medical Assistant
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Public Health (MPH)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Healthcare Management
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...