How to Become a Dental Assistant in Delaware
How to Become a Dental Assistant in Delaware
Well now, you want to learn how to become a dental assistant in Delaware right? There are essentially two positions you can pursue, the dental assistant and the nationally recognized certified dental assistant. Becoming a dental assistant will vary between offices, and requirements will depend solely on the employing dentist. As for radiography procedures, you will have to receive a certificate before you can use dental x-ray equipment. With that being said, here is how to become a dental assistant in Delaware, along with info on dental assistant salary.
Dental Assistant Salary in Delaware
There are no standards set in stone for becoming a dental assistant in Delaware. Requirements will depend solely on the employing dentist, who will test for competency at performing supportive dental procedures. As a dental assistant, you will be able to perform any duties listed under Delaware’s dental regulations, but duties will depend on the employing dentist’s needs. In most cases you will not need any educational or formal training requirements, as you will receive training on the job. For more info you can visit the Delaware Board of Dentistry and Dental Hygiene.
How to Become a Certified Dental Assistant
You also have the option to become a certified dental assistant (CDA), which gives you the opportunity to earn a higher salary as well as receive extra benefits. Becoming certified makes you a nationally recognized dental assistant in the US, and the process is surprisingly simple. In order to become certified, you must:
1. Complete a CODA accredited dental assisting program OR have at least 2 years/3,500 hours of experience as a dental assistant, AND
2. Obtain CPR certification from a DANB accepted provider, AND
3. Apply for and pass the DANB CDA exam
In order to perform radiography procedures and operate dental x-ray equipment, you will have to obtain a Dental Radiation Technician certificate from the Delaware Office of Radiation Control first. In order to qualify, you must:
1a. Pass the Delaware Dental Radiologic Technology (DDRT) exam (which is administered by the DANB), OR
1b. Pass the DANB Radiation Health and Safety (RHS) exam, AND
3. Obtain a certificate from the Delaware Office of Radiation Control
**The DDRT exam will be replaced by the DANB RHS exam for radiography requirements by December 31, 2015.**
Dental Assisting Schools in Delaware
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- MSE Exercise Science
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
- Master of Public Health Online
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education