How to Become a Dental Assistant in Delaware
How to Become a Dental Assistant in Delaware
Well now, you want to learn how to become a dental assistant in Delaware right? There are essentially two positions you can pursue, the dental assistant and the nationally recognized certified dental assistant. Becoming a dental assistant will vary between offices, and requirements will depend solely on the employing dentist. As for radiography procedures, you will have to receive a certificate before you can use dental x-ray equipment. With that being said, here is how to become a dental assistant in Delaware, along with info on dental assistant salary.
Dental Assistant Salary in Delaware
There are no standards set in stone for becoming a dental assistant in Delaware. Requirements will depend solely on the employing dentist, who will test for competency at performing supportive dental procedures. As a dental assistant, you will be able to perform any duties listed under Delaware’s dental regulations, but duties will depend on the employing dentist’s needs. In most cases you will not need any educational or formal training requirements, as you will receive training on the job. For more info you can visit the Delaware Board of Dentistry and Dental Hygiene.
How to Become a Certified Dental Assistant
You also have the option to become a certified dental assistant (CDA), which gives you the opportunity to earn a higher salary as well as receive extra benefits. Becoming certified makes you a nationally recognized dental assistant in the US, and the process is surprisingly simple. In order to become certified, you must:
1. Complete a CODA accredited dental assisting program OR have at least 2 years/3,500 hours of experience as a dental assistant, AND
2. Obtain CPR certification from a DANB accepted provider, AND
3. Apply for and pass the DANB CDA exam
In order to perform radiography procedures and operate dental x-ray equipment, you will have to obtain a Dental Radiation Technician certificate from the Delaware Office of Radiation Control first. In order to qualify, you must:
1a. Pass the Delaware Dental Radiologic Technology (DDRT) exam (which is administered by the DANB), OR
1b. Pass the DANB Radiation Health and Safety (RHS) exam, AND
3. Obtain a certificate from the Delaware Office of Radiation Control
**The DDRT exam will be replaced by the DANB RHS exam for radiography requirements by December 31, 2015.**
Dental Assisting Schools in Delaware
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Medical Assisting
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
The College of Professional Studies (CPS) is where adults can find their home at Villanova University. No matter what your educational need, we’ll meet it.
- Certificate in Pre-Health Professions Science (post-baccalaureate)
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C., the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities. Established in 1997, the Milken Institute SPH brings together the fields of medicine, business and education to develop professionals with the skills and knowledge to tackle complex global health challenges.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Master of Public Health
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education