How to Become a Dental Assistant In Connecticut
How to Become a Dental Assistant in Connecticut
So you are probably wondering how to become a dental assistant in Connecticut. Well the process is surprisingly simple, in fact, there’s not much you need to do. There is only one position and that is the title of dental assistant. You can also choose to become a certified dental assistant (CDA), which is a nationally recognized position. You will also have to pass some radiography requirements if you wish to operate dental x-ray equipment. So without further ado, here is how to become a dental assitant in Connecticut. We also explain the dental assistant salary here too.
Dental Assistant Salary in Connecticut
Good news! To become a dental assistant you do not need any prior educational or training requirements. That’s easy enough right? As a dental assistant in Connecticut you will be able to perform all the duties listed under the state’s dental regulations, as long as they are under the supervision of a licensed dentist. You can find out more info at the Connecticut State Dental Commission website.
How to Become a Certified Dental Assistant in Connecticut
You also have the option of becoming a certified dental assistant, which earns you national recognition as a dental assistant and allows you to earn more among other benefits. You might as well become certified as this is the only advancement opportunity there is, and the process isn’t hard. To become certified you will need to:
1. Complete a CODA accredited dental assisting program OR have at least 2 years/3,500 hours of dental assisting experience
2. Obtain CPR certification from a DANB accepted provider
3. Apply for and pass the DANB CDA exam. Upon completion you will earn the status of certified dental assistant.
If you wish to operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiographic procedures you will need to meet a few requirements. They are as follows:
1. Apply for and pass the DANB Radiation Health and Safety (RHS) exam
Dental Assisting Schools in Connecticut
Get hands-on training with Ridley-Lowell Business & Technical Institute. Our campuses in New York and Connecticut can help give you career training in a wide variety of fields, including accounting, cosmetology, criminal justice, electrical systems technology, HVAC, IT, legal assisting, massage therapy, allied health, office administration, and more.
- Dental Assistant - Day
- Medical Assistant - Day
- Medical Assistant - Eve
At American Institute, we believe you can become whatever you want to be, and we’re ready to help you get there. We pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality, innovative education to our students that gives them the skills to begin or enhance their careers. We try to help our students meet their goals of changing or enhancing their careers, and also help prospective employers of our graduates in meeting the workforce needs of the 21st century while actively participating in the communities we operate within.
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assisting
Earn your degree from Lincoln College of New England. Over 30 undergraduate programs are available in Health Sciences, Business, Communications, Hospitality, and more. Financial aid is available for those who qualify
- Dental Chairside Assistant, Certificate
- Dental Hygiene, AS
- Dental Hygiene, BS
- And more...
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Medical Office Assistant-CERT
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
- Patient Care Technician Level 1
- Professional Medical Assistant
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management