How to Become a Dental Assistant in Colorado
How to Become a Dental Assistant in Colorado
You are probably wondering how to become a dental assistant in Colorado, and there are a few positions you can take. There is the dental assistant and of course the nationally recognized certified dental assistant. As for radiography requirements, you will have to meet some guidelines if you want to operate dental x-ray equipment. So without further ado, here is how to become a dental assistant in Colorado as well as data on dental assistant salary.
Dental Assistant Salary in Colorado
This level of dental assisting does not require any educational or formal training, and training can be received on the job. As a dental assistant, you will be able to perform the basic supportive dental procedures that are listed under Colorado’s dental laws, which you can view here. If you work in a setting where anesthesia/sedation and/or nitrous oxide is administered, you will need to have proof of current basic life support knowledge and skills. You can find more information at the Colorado Board of Dental Examiners.
Expanded duties can be performed if the employing dentist allows it and after receiving proper training in the specified function. There is currently no official expanded functions dental assistant in the state of Colorado and receiving training for expanded duties does not qualify you to perform them.
How to Become a Certified Dental Assistant in Colorado
There is always the option to become a certified dental assistant (CDA), which is a nationally recognized job title. Becoming certified allows you to earn a higher salary as well as receive additional benefits. Getting certified is highly recommended if you choose to become a dental assistant, as the rewards far outweigh the little effort required. To become certified, you must:
1. Complete a CODA accredited dental assisting program OR have at least 2 years/3,500 hours of experience as a dental assistant, AND
2. Obtain CPR certification from a DANB accepted provider, AND
3. Apply for and pass the DANB CDA exam
In order to legally operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures, you must meet a few requirements first. They are as follows:
1. Be at least 18 years old, AND
2. Complete minimum safety, education, and training in dental radiography. Training includes:
A. Complete 5 hours of practical or clinical experience and 3 hours of lecture from an accredited program from the Colorado Commission on Higher Education, the State Board of Community Colleges and Occupational Education, or the Private Occupational School Division, OR
B. Receive Board approved on the job training by a licensed dentist or dental hygienist, OR
Dental Assisting Schools in Colorado
Are you un-employed, under-employed or looking for a stable career where you can make a real difference? Well then, you have come to the right place.
At locally-owned and nationally accredited IBMC College, you can train for a rewarding, new career, all in as little as 6-23 months! With nearly 20 program options to choose from, at nearby campuses, you will find the path that is just the right fit for you.
- Diploma-Dental Assisting
- Certificate-Expanded Duties Dental Assisting
- Diploma-Medical Assisting
Take your career to the next step with IntelliTec College. We offer programs for careers in the business, computer, healthcare, beauty & personal appearance, technical trades and exercise & wellness fields at our three campuses in Colorado Springs, Pueblo, and Grand Junction, Colorado.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in CollegeAmerica is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Medical Specialties (AOS)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Public Health - 100% online
- Learn about controlling infectious disease, improving healthcare access, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Master of Public Health
- BS in Public Health
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Healthcare Management
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Healthcare Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
- And more...