How to Become a Dental Assistant in Colorado
How to Become a Dental Assistant in Colorado
You are probably wondering how to become a dental assistant in Colorado, and there are a few positions you can take. There is the dental assistant and of course the nationally recognized certified dental assistant. As for radiography requirements, you will have to meet some guidelines if you want to operate dental x-ray equipment. So without further ado, here is how to become a dental assistant in Colorado as well as data on dental assistant salary.
Dental Assistant Salary in Colorado
This level of dental assisting does not require any educational or formal training, and training can be received on the job. As a dental assistant, you will be able to perform the basic supportive dental procedures that are listed under Colorado’s dental laws, which you can view here. If you work in a setting where anesthesia/sedation and/or nitrous oxide is administered, you will need to have proof of current basic life support knowledge and skills. You can find more information at the Colorado Board of Dental Examiners.
Expanded duties can be performed if the employing dentist allows it and after receiving proper training in the specified function. There is currently no official expanded functions dental assistant in the state of Colorado and receiving training for expanded duties does not qualify you to perform them.
How to Become a Certified Dental Assistant in Colorado
There is always the option to become a certified dental assistant (CDA), which is a nationally recognized job title. Becoming certified allows you to earn a higher salary as well as receive additional benefits. Getting certified is highly recommended if you choose to become a dental assistant, as the rewards far outweigh the little effort required. To become certified, you must:
1. Complete a CODA accredited dental assisting program OR have at least 2 years/3,500 hours of experience as a dental assistant, AND
2. Obtain CPR certification from a DANB accepted provider, AND
3. Apply for and pass the DANB CDA exam
In order to legally operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures, you must meet a few requirements first. They are as follows:
1. Be at least 18 years old, AND
2. Complete minimum safety, education, and training in dental radiography. Training includes:
A. Complete 5 hours of practical or clinical experience and 3 hours of lecture from an accredited program from the Colorado Commission on Higher Education, the State Board of Community Colleges and Occupational Education, or the Private Occupational School Division, OR
B. Receive Board approved on the job training by a licensed dentist or dental hygienist, OR
Dental Assisting Schools in Colorado
Are you un-employed, under-employed or looking for a stable career where you can make a real difference? Well then, you have come to the right place.
At locally-owned and nationally accredited IBMC College, you can train for a rewarding, new career, all in as little as 6-23 months! With nearly 20 program options to choose from, at nearby campuses, you will find the path that is just the right fit for you.
- Diploma-Dental Assisting
- Diploma-Medical Assisting
- Medical Administrative Assistant A.A.S.
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Medical Assisting
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in CollegeAmerica is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Medical Specialties (AOS)