How to Become a Dental Assistant in Colorado
How to Become a Dental Assistant in Colorado
You are probably wondering how to become a dental assistant in Colorado, and there are a few positions you can take. There is the dental assistant and of course the nationally recognized certified dental assistant. As for radiography requirements, you will have to meet some guidelines if you want to operate dental x-ray equipment. So without further ado, here is how to become a dental assistant in Colorado as well as data on dental assistant salary.
Dental Assistant Salary in Colorado
This level of dental assisting does not require any educational or formal training, and training can be received on the job. As a dental assistant, you will be able to perform the basic supportive dental procedures that are listed under Colorado’s dental laws, which you can view here. If you work in a setting where anesthesia/sedation and/or nitrous oxide is administered, you will need to have proof of current basic life support knowledge and skills. You can find more information at the Colorado Board of Dental Examiners.
Expanded duties can be performed if the employing dentist allows it and after receiving proper training in the specified function. There is currently no official expanded functions dental assistant in the state of Colorado and receiving training for expanded duties does not qualify you to perform them.
How to Become a Certified Dental Assistant in Colorado
There is always the option to become a certified dental assistant (CDA), which is a nationally recognized job title. Becoming certified allows you to earn a higher salary as well as receive additional benefits. Getting certified is highly recommended if you choose to become a dental assistant, as the rewards far outweigh the little effort required. To become certified, you must:
1. Complete a CODA accredited dental assisting program OR have at least 2 years/3,500 hours of experience as a dental assistant, AND
2. Obtain CPR certification from a DANB accepted provider, AND
3. Apply for and pass the DANB CDA exam
In order to legally operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures, you must meet a few requirements first. They are as follows:
1. Be at least 18 years old, AND
2. Complete minimum safety, education, and training in dental radiography. Training includes:
A. Complete 5 hours of practical or clinical experience and 3 hours of lecture from an accredited program from the Colorado Commission on Higher Education, the State Board of Community Colleges and Occupational Education, or the Private Occupational School Division, OR
B. Receive Board approved on the job training by a licensed dentist or dental hygienist, OR
Dental Assisting Schools in Colorado
Take your career to the next step with IntelliTec College. We offer programs for careers in the business, computer, healthcare, beauty & personal appearance, technical trades and exercise & wellness fields at our three campuses in Colorado Springs, Pueblo, and Grand Junction, Colorado.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Are you un-employed, under-employed or looking for a stable career where you can make a real difference? Well then, you have come to the right place.
At locally-owned and nationally accredited IBMC College, you can train for a rewarding, new career, all in as little as 6-23 months! With nearly 20 program options to choose from, at nearby campuses, you will find the path that is just the right fit for you.
- Diploma-Medical Assisting
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- MSE Exercise Science
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in CollegeAmerica is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Healthcare Administration (BS)
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Public Health (MPH)
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Healthcare Management (BS)