How to Become a Dental Assistant In Arizona
How to Become a Dental Assistant in Arizona
So, you are probably wondering how to become a dental assistant in Arizona, and to be honest it’s not that complicated. There are a few positions you can pursue though, which are the basic dental assistant, dental assistant qualified in coronal polishing, and of course the nationally recognized certified dental assistant (CDA). Also, if you wish to operate dental x-ray equipment you will also have to meet some requirements. Continue reading to learn how to become a dental assistant in Arizona, along with statistics on dental assistant salary too.
Dental Assistant Salary in Arizona
Good news! There are no educational or training requirements to become a dental assistant! That’s right, and as a dental assistant you will be able to perform basic supportive procedures under the supervision of a licensed dentist, as long as they are listed under Arizona’s dental laws. These include the typical tasks you would encounter. You can also view the allowed duties here or find out more at the Arizona State Board of Dental Examiners.
Dental Assistant Qualified in Coronal Polishing
The next position would be a dental assistant qualified in coronal polishing, which essentially grants you the power to perform coronal polishing on patients. In order to gain this expanded function you must obtain an Arizona Coronal Polishing certificate. There are few steps to do so, and they are as follows:
1. Complete the Coronal Polish Exam administered by the DANB. You can find the application form here. CPEAR Form A.
2. The licensed dentist that employs you or the coronal polishing instructor must send an Arizona Coronal Polishing Clinical Skills Affidavit to the DANB. You can find the application form here. CPEAR Form B.
3. Upon completing the DANB Coronal Polish exam and submission of the affidavit to the DANB you will receive an Arizona Coronal Polishing Certificate, and will be allowed to perform the function of coronal polishing.
How to Become a Certified Dental Assistant in Arizona
And as always, you have the option to become a certified dental assistant as well, which makes you a nationally recognized dental assistant and allows you to earn more among other benefits. Becoming certified should always be considered, as the process isn’t difficult and the advantages are many. To become certified you will need to:
1. Complete a CODA accredited dental assisting program OR have at least 2 years/3,500 hours of dental assisting experience.
2. Obtain CPR certification from a DANB accepted provider
3. Apply for and pass the DANB CDA exam. Upon completion you will be an honorary certified dental assistant.
In order to operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiographic procedures you are going to have to obtain an Arizona Board-approved certificate in radiology. In order to obtain one you must:
1a. Complete the DANB Radiation Health and Safety (RHS) exam AND
2a. Send proof to the Arizona State Board of Dental Examiners to obtain an Arizona Radiologic Proficiency Certificate
1b. Currently be certified in another US jurisdiction that requires completion of a written and clinical dental radiography exam AND
2b. Send proof to the Arizona State Board of Dental Examiners to obtain an Arizona Radiologic Proficiency Certificate
Dental Assisting Schools in Arizona
Arizona College prepares students to work in the 'real world' of medicine. With the use of lecture and laboratory teaching, we provide our students with hands on experience.
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assisting
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Medical Assisting
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Public Health (MPH)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in CollegeAmerica is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Healthcare Administration (BS)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management