How to Become a Dental Assistant In Arizona
How to Become a Dental Assistant in Arizona
So, you are probably wondering how to become a dental assistant in Arizona, and to be honest it’s not that complicated. There are a few positions you can pursue though, which are the basic dental assistant, dental assistant qualified in coronal polishing, and of course the nationally recognized certified dental assistant (CDA). Also, if you wish to operate dental x-ray equipment you will also have to meet some requirements. Continue reading to learn how to become a dental assistant in Arizona, along with statistics on dental assistant salary too.
Dental Assistant Salary in Arizona
Good news! There are no educational or training requirements to become a dental assistant! That’s right, and as a dental assistant you will be able to perform basic supportive procedures under the supervision of a licensed dentist, as long as they are listed under Arizona’s dental laws. These include the typical tasks you would encounter. You can also view the allowed duties here or find out more at the Arizona State Board of Dental Examiners.
Dental Assistant Qualified in Coronal Polishing
The next position would be a dental assistant qualified in coronal polishing, which essentially grants you the power to perform coronal polishing on patients. In order to gain this expanded function you must obtain an Arizona Coronal Polishing certificate. There are few steps to do so, and they are as follows:
1. Complete the Coronal Polish Exam administered by the DANB. You can find the application form here. CPEAR Form A.
2. The licensed dentist that employs you or the coronal polishing instructor must send an Arizona Coronal Polishing Clinical Skills Affidavit to the DANB. You can find the application form here. CPEAR Form B.
3. Upon completing the DANB Coronal Polish exam and submission of the affidavit to the DANB you will receive an Arizona Coronal Polishing Certificate, and will be allowed to perform the function of coronal polishing.
How to Become a Certified Dental Assistant in Arizona
And as always, you have the option to become a certified dental assistant as well, which makes you a nationally recognized dental assistant and allows you to earn more among other benefits. Becoming certified should always be considered, as the process isn’t difficult and the advantages are many. To become certified you will need to:
1. Complete a CODA accredited dental assisting program OR have at least 2 years/3,500 hours of dental assisting experience.
2. Obtain CPR certification from a DANB accepted provider
3. Apply for and pass the DANB CDA exam. Upon completion you will be an honorary certified dental assistant.
In order to operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiographic procedures you are going to have to obtain an Arizona Board-approved certificate in radiology. In order to obtain one you must:
1a. Complete the DANB Radiation Health and Safety (RHS) exam AND
2a. Send proof to the Arizona State Board of Dental Examiners to obtain an Arizona Radiologic Proficiency Certificate
1b. Currently be certified in another US jurisdiction that requires completion of a written and clinical dental radiography exam AND
2b. Send proof to the Arizona State Board of Dental Examiners to obtain an Arizona Radiologic Proficiency Certificate
Dental Assisting Schools in Arizona
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Dental Assistant
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Patient Care Technician
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Medical Specialties (AOS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in CollegeAmerica is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Healthcare Administration (BS)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Public Health (MPH)
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
Maryville University is a private university in St. Louis County, Missouri. Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of more than 6,800 students.
- Online MHA Concentration in Population Management
- Online MHA Concentration in Senior Services
- Online General MHA
- And more...