How to Become a Dental Assistant in Alaska
How to Become a Dental Assistant in Alaska
So let’s find out how to become a dental assistant in Alaska today, shall we? There are several positions you can fill, including dental assistant, dental assistant qualified in coronal polishing, dental assistant qualified in restorative functions, and last but not least is the nationally recognized certified dental assistant. There are also no requirements to meet to operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures, which is a nice time saver. Here is how to become a dental assistant in Alaska, along with some information on dental assistant salary in the state.
Dental Assistant Salary in Alaska
There are no education or training requirements to meet to become a dental assistant in Alaska. As a dental assistant you will be able to perform any basic supportive dental procedures as listed under Alaska’s dental regulations. You can find the allowed duties here. You can also visit the Alaska Board of Dental Examiners for more info.
Dental Assistant Qualified in Coronal Polishing Procedures
A dental assistant qualified in coronal polishing is allowed to, you guessed it, perform coronal polishing procedures. However, you must earn a certificate in coronal polishing first, which requires you to:
1. Submit a complete application form to the Alaska Board of Dental Examiners, AND
2. Pay any applicable fees, AND
3a. Complete a Board approved program in coronal polishing, OR
3b. Have a license/certificate and documentation to perform coronal polishing in another state
**Coronal polishing certificates must be renewed every two years**
Dental Assistant Qualified in Restorative Functions
A dental assistant qualified in restorative functions is able to perform any specified restorative functions under the supervision of a licensed dentist. In order to obtain a certificate in restorative functions, you must:
1. Complete a CODA accredited or Board approved course in restorative functions, AND
2a. Pass the Western Regional Examining Board’s restorative exam or Board approved equivalent exam within 5 years of applying, OR
2b. Have a license/certificate to perform restorative functions in another state
How to Become a Certified Dental Assistant in Alaska
There is always the option to become a certified dental assistant (CDA) as well, which allows you to make more money as well as receive extra benefits. The process is fairly simple, and in order to become certified, you must:
1. Complete a CODA accredited dental assisting program OR have at least 2 years/3,500 hours of experience as a dental assistant, AND
2. Obtain CPR certification, AND
As we have mentioned, there are no radiography requirements for dental assistant in Alaska. All dental assistants may legally operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures.
Dental Assisting Schools in Alaska
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Medical Assisting
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
You can advance your career with a degree from Charter College Online. We offer several Associates and Bachelors degrees in the business, health care, accounting and legal fields. Our accelerated programs are designed to help you complete your degree as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We help students get not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Office Administrative Assistant
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C., the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities. Established in 1997, the Milken Institute SPH brings together the fields of medicine, business and education to develop professionals with the skills and knowledge to tackle complex global health challenges.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Master of Public Health