How to Become a Dental Assistant in Alaska
How to Become a Dental Assistant in Alaska
So let’s find out how to become a dental assistant in Alaska today, shall we? There are several positions you can fill, including dental assistant, dental assistant qualified in coronal polishing, dental assistant qualified in restorative functions, and last but not least is the nationally recognized certified dental assistant. There are also no requirements to meet to operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures, which is a nice time saver. Here is how to become a dental assistant in Alaska, along with some information on dental assistant salary in the state.
Dental Assistant Salary in Alaska
There are no education or training requirements to meet to become a dental assistant in Alaska. As a dental assistant you will be able to perform any basic supportive dental procedures as listed under Alaska’s dental regulations. You can find the allowed duties here. You can also visit the Alaska Board of Dental Examiners for more info.
Dental Assistant Qualified in Coronal Polishing Procedures
A dental assistant qualified in coronal polishing is allowed to, you guessed it, perform coronal polishing procedures. However, you must earn a certificate in coronal polishing first, which requires you to:
1. Submit a complete application form to the Alaska Board of Dental Examiners, AND
2. Pay any applicable fees, AND
3a. Complete a Board approved program in coronal polishing, OR
3b. Have a license/certificate and documentation to perform coronal polishing in another state
**Coronal polishing certificates must be renewed every two years**
Dental Assistant Qualified in Restorative Functions
A dental assistant qualified in restorative functions is able to perform any specified restorative functions under the supervision of a licensed dentist. In order to obtain a certificate in restorative functions, you must:
1. Complete a CODA accredited or Board approved course in restorative functions, AND
2a. Pass the Western Regional Examining Board’s restorative exam or Board approved equivalent exam within 5 years of applying, OR
2b. Have a license/certificate to perform restorative functions in another state
How to Become a Certified Dental Assistant in Alaska
There is always the option to become a certified dental assistant (CDA) as well, which allows you to make more money as well as receive extra benefits. The process is fairly simple, and in order to become certified, you must:
1. Complete a CODA accredited dental assisting program OR have at least 2 years/3,500 hours of experience as a dental assistant, AND
2. Obtain CPR certification, AND
As we have mentioned, there are no radiography requirements for dental assistant in Alaska. All dental assistants may legally operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures.
Dental Assisting Schools in Alaska
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- MSE Exercise Science
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
- Master of Public Health Online
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Public Health - 100% online
- Learn about controlling infectious disease, improving healthcare access, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Master of Public Health
- BS in Public Health
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Public Health Global Health
- Master of Public Health: Nutrition
- Master of Public Health: Health Promotion
You can advance your career with a degree from Charter College Online. We offer several Associates and Bachelors degrees in the business, health care, accounting and legal fields. Our accelerated programs are designed to help you complete your degree as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We help students get not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Office Administrative Assistant