How to Become a Dental Assistant in Alaska
How to Become a Dental Assistant in Alaska
So let’s find out how to become a dental assistant in Alaska today, shall we? There are several positions you can fill, including dental assistant, dental assistant qualified in coronal polishing, dental assistant qualified in restorative functions, and last but not least is the nationally recognized certified dental assistant. There are also no requirements to meet to operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures, which is a nice time saver. Here is how to become a dental assistant in Alaska, along with some information on dental assistant salary in the state.
Dental Assistant Salary in Alaska
There are no education or training requirements to meet to become a dental assistant in Alaska. As a dental assistant you will be able to perform any basic supportive dental procedures as listed under Alaska’s dental regulations. You can find the allowed duties here. You can also visit the Alaska Board of Dental Examiners for more info.
Dental Assistant Qualified in Coronal Polishing Procedures
A dental assistant qualified in coronal polishing is allowed to, you guessed it, perform coronal polishing procedures. However, you must earn a certificate in coronal polishing first, which requires you to:
1. Submit a complete application form to the Alaska Board of Dental Examiners, AND
2. Pay any applicable fees, AND
3a. Complete a Board approved program in coronal polishing, OR
3b. Have a license/certificate and documentation to perform coronal polishing in another state
**Coronal polishing certificates must be renewed every two years**
Dental Assistant Qualified in Restorative Functions
A dental assistant qualified in restorative functions is able to perform any specified restorative functions under the supervision of a licensed dentist. In order to obtain a certificate in restorative functions, you must:
1. Complete a CODA accredited or Board approved course in restorative functions, AND
2a. Pass the Western Regional Examining Board’s restorative exam or Board approved equivalent exam within 5 years of applying, OR
2b. Have a license/certificate to perform restorative functions in another state
How to Become a Certified Dental Assistant in Alaska
There is always the option to become a certified dental assistant (CDA) as well, which allows you to make more money as well as receive extra benefits. The process is fairly simple, and in order to become certified, you must:
1. Complete a CODA accredited dental assisting program OR have at least 2 years/3,500 hours of experience as a dental assistant, AND
2. Obtain CPR certification, AND
As we have mentioned, there are no radiography requirements for dental assistant in Alaska. All dental assistants may legally operate dental x-ray equipment and perform radiography procedures.
Dental Assisting Schools in Alaska
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
Maryville University is a private university in St. Louis County, Missouri. Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of more than 6,800 students.
- Online MHA Concentration in Population Management
- Online MHA Concentration in Senior Services
- Online General MHA
- And more...
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)